Monday, January 4, 2010

The Perfect Pot Roast

I love pot roast. Lovelovelovelove it. It's such a comforting food. The smell, a bit of heaven on earth if you want my opinion. So, now I'm drooling as I write because, you guessed it, I'm making a pot roast for dinner tonight. Here's the best part....SLOW COOKER BABY! Oh yeah!!
The Mr. and I really enjoy a good pot roast every now and then. We saw that boneless chuck roast was on sale this week, and thought to ourselves, must do this. I'm going to serve dill mashed potatoes along with the roast. Just a disclaimer, this a modified version of a pot roast I saw on semi-homemade.

The roast
Get a good ole slab of roasting meat. Whatever size you want! Our preference is the boneless chuck.
1 cup of beef stock
1 can cream of celery soup
1 package onion soup mix
1/4 cup steak sauce

1/2 lb. carrot chunks
1/2 mixed mushrooms. I used cremini, shitake, oyster and baby bellas.
Onions. Lots and lots of onions! okay, 2. Slice em up real nice in halfmoons.

The night before.
Take you roast and sear it on all sides in a little bit of olive oil. Put into a container. Next, chop your veggies, throw em in on top of the meat. Now you're going to combine the stock, soups and sauce. Whisk until combined. Store in a separate container.

D-Day
Throw it all in the crock pot. Set your cooker to low for 8 hours. Try not to drool too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment