Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blueberry Peach Pie

So we went hiking with some friends and ended up here. They had a blueberry peach pie for sale, and I thought to myself, "Self, why by a pie when you love to bake?" So I ponder for a few days on the best way to go about making said pie. I've baked a few pies in my days. Heck, I think pie should be it's own food group. But I digress.
I'm not particularly a fan a regular peaches, so I thought I'd give this one a go with white peaches. Jackpot. Good flavor, good texture, good stuff.

1 pint blueberries (folks please pick through these, the last thing you want is a nasty berry ruining a bit of your fabulous pie)
3-4 white peaches (maybe 1-2 cups cut up)
*side note here, how ya doin? Now what you want to do with these here peaches is score an X on the bottom side of the peach, and please make sure they are ripe cause otherwise this won't work, and put them in boiling water for 2 minutes then remove them and douse em in cold water. That there'll remove the skins for ya and you can be on your merry dicing way.

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
juice of half a lemon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Pillsbury (and yes, brand does matter here. more on that later) premade pie crust.

For the topping:
1 stick of room temp butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
cinnamon to taste

Mix all your fruit together. Add in your sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Let this macerate for a few while you prep your pie crust. Once the crust is prepped, time to get your crumb topping ready. If you've got a pastry citter thing, great, if not a fork will work for this.
Mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add your butter in and mix it all together until you have a slightly pebbly/sandy texture.

Put your fruit mixture into the pie crust, top with the crumb topping. Time to bake my little tastey wonder!! Into the ove it goes for 40-45 minutes at 375*.

Deliciousness. Fabulousness. Summer fresh, with a hint on fall. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment