Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Couple of Things

OK, so it's been a while, but I've been on vacation. Mental health is important ya know!! So while the Mr. and I were on vacation, we made a few meals, some dessert, some appetizers, ya know, the good stuff! Here is the best of the best of the best of the best sir! (5 points if you can tell me what movie that's from!)

Dill Dip - this one is a blast from the past. I remember getting containers of this stuff from the deli with my mom when I was a kid. Here's my recreation of the classic (I'm working off of taste memories so bear with me!!)

32 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup fresh chopped dill (mince it really fine please!!)
salt
pepper
onion flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill

mix it all up. real good. This dip gets better with time. Let it sit for an hour before you serve it. It's really good with marble bread, or pumpernickel or potato chips, of pretzels, or fresh veggie. Ok, so it's good on just about everything.


Next up blueberry peach pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment