Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wow... So it's been awhile. Because I'm a slacker. and I haven't really been cooking. Crazybusylife. We've been having a lot of pasta and jarred sauce. I know I know.....but you have that recipe JoJo... My world is not right when I don't cook. But now I'm back! Yay!

So I've been on a baking/sweet treat kick for the past week. This was probably fueled by my attendance at the Albany Eats! Cookie Swap! Things I've baked in the last week include....Cinnamon Spiced Hot Chocolate Cookies courtesy of Food Network. Homemade coconut marshmallows dipped in chocolate. Oh my yum. And These. Eggnog cookies. I think they are my new favorite Christmas cookie. So here's the recipe.


1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Ok, preheat that oven of yours to 350*. Next, beat butter and sugar together until lightened and fluffy ( aprox. 5 minutes) Now with your mixer on medium, add in the egg yolk, eggnog and vanilla. Keep mixing until smooth. While that's combining, sift together your flour, nutmeg, baking powder and cinnamon.
Slowly add in the flour mixture to the wet mixture until just combined. Please don't over beat, you'll end up with rock solid cookies.

Ok, if you want your cookies roughly the same size, get a #70 scooper and scoop dough onto a COLD ungreased cookie sheet. Other wise use a couple of teaspoons. The key here is a COLD cookie sheet. After you've scooped the cookies, put the cookie sheets in the fridge for 5 minutes. This will help them cook more evenly. I'm sure there's some science behind it. I don't understand it, I just know it works.

Ok you're going to bake these on the middle rack in the oven for 5 minutes, rotate the sheet(s) and bake for another 5 minutes. By the way please check out that last link. Some really good baking tips in there.

Next up...Marshmallow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment