Monday, July 27, 2009

I had a hankerin'

For pulled pork. So Ray and i were at BJ's and I saw this beautiful, and better yet, cheap cut of pork (pretty sure it was butt)

So I seared it on all sides and refrigerated overnight. In the mean time I whipped up some BBQ, because it just tastes better out of the bottle.

1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons mustard (dry or wet)
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt (I think Celtic salt has the best flavor for this)
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 dashes hot pepper sauce (and then some more for good measure!)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
2 capfuls Apple Barrel Schnapps

I quadrupled the recipe and also refrigerated overnight. Next morning before heading to the gym I put the pork and 3/4 of the sauce into the slow cooker. Low and slow for about 8 hours and you have near perfection my friends! Once the eight hours are up, add in half the reserved BBQ sauce to brighten the flavor a bit. YUM!!!!

Best served on fresh rolls with baked beans. Make sure to grab some KFC coleslaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment